An innocent bystander was shot outside the Marriott Hotel in Times Square late Sunday afternoon, police sources said — mere feet from where a 4-year-old girl and two others were struck by gunfire last month.
The 21-year-old man was walking with his family outside the hotel at 1535 Broadway when he was hit just after 5:15 p.m., according to the sources and NYPD.
He was taken to an area hospital and is expected to survive, police said.
Police recovered shell casings on West 45th Street outside the Minskoff Theatre, sources added — one block where shots rang out on May 8, leaving three people injured.
Cops were on the lookout for two men believed to be responsible for Sunday’s carnage, police sources said.
Metro | New York Post
- Innocent bystander Samuel Poulin shot in Times Square in broad daylight
- Woman shot in broad daylight in NYC was innocent bystander, cops say
- Girl, 4, three others shot in Times Square broad daylight mayhem
- CCTV footage shows moment a bystander was robbed of his phone by thieves on a bike in broad daylight
- Man busted for masturbating in broad daylight in Times Square
- Innocent bystander shot in Staten Island dies of her injuries
- Man fatally shot outside NYCHA complex where innocent bystander was recently killed
- Man shot dead outside NYCHA complex where innocent bystander was recently killed
- Man who allegedly shot innocent bystander in road-rage feud busted in Florida
- Apparent innocent bystander, 27, shot in the Bronx: cops