Talk about a home fit for the gods — or at least a demigod.
Kevin Sorbo, who played Hercules on the TV show, “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” sold his traditional shingle-styled Sag Harbor home to Robert B. Cohen, of Hudson Capital Properties, for $5.35 million earlier this year.
(Sorbo is also the author of the inspiring, triumph-over-tragedy story, “True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal — And How Nearly Dying Saved My Life.”)
Now Cohen’s art collecting parents, Jimmy Cohen, CEO of Hudson News Group, and Lisa Fayne Cohen — who also happen to be the founders of Galerie magazine, published by Hudson News — have turned it into Galerie’s first annual art and design showhouse, which launches with a VIP event on Aug. 5. (Jimmy is the brother of the late Page Six editor, Claudia Cohen.)
The 12,500-square-foot home, at 772 Middle Line Highway in between Sag Harbor and Bridgehampton, is being renovated by Michael Derrig.
It sits on 5.27 acres and includes a 3-acre pond.
Swedish big box store’s apology for its controversial menu is…
This is also the first show house to pair interior design and art, says Fayne Cohen, Galerie’s editorial director, adding that it will feature 22 top interior designers like Nicole Fuller, and several art galleries, including Perrotin, Kasmin and Nara Roesler.
Some artists have even created site-specific installations.
Proceeds will benefit Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s East Hampton Emergency Department.
The listing brokers were Danielle Wilson and Gary DePersia, of Corcoran.
Living | New York Post
- Argentina church transformed into a bar, pastors into waiters to protest coronavirus lockdown measures — Newzandar
- Do You Remember The Nigerian Bread Seller Who Was Transformed Into A Model After Accidentally Walking Into A Photoshoot Session? See How She Looks Now
- Sotheby’s helped wealthy art collector avoid sales tax on $27M in art: suit
- Art gallery wants judge to disclose location of art worth $60 million
- PHOTOS: Samini Drops Cover Art For His ‘1KING’ Track And It’s A ‘Stolen’ Cover Art
- Art world star rents $65M Andy Warhol-owned Hamptons estate
- ‘Jeopardy!’: Alex Trebek Digs Deep Into His Pockets For His Most Recent Show of Generosity
- Rihanna eyes Hamptons house that cost $800K for the summer
- You Came Into My Life And Transformed My World – Ibrahim Yekini “Itele d Icon” Celebrates her Look Alike Daughter, Dabira’s 2nd Birthday (VIDEO)
- Abandoned Macy’s transformed into high school: ‘It’s weird but cool’