A man was busted Monday for a brazen broad-daylight attack of a 70-year-old woman in the East Village last week, police said.
Michael Hensley, 37, was charged with assault over the random pre-noon beating on East 14th Street near Second Avenue last Friday that left the victim hospitalized, according to cops.
Hensley, who lives in a Kips Bay men’s homeless shelter, allegedly struck the woman over the head with an unknown object, causing her to fall to the ground, police said.
The woman sustained cuts to her wrist and elbow in the attack.
Metro | New York Post
- WORLD ELDERLY DAY: NGO Photoshoots four elderly women
- Woman charged with killing elderly man in supermarket stabbing spree
- Two Kansas City officers charged with assaulting transgender woman
- Woman charged with assaulting black girl she accused of stealing mail
- NYC couple charged with assaulting Sesame Place worker over mask dispute
- Off-duty NYC employee charged with assaulting his wife
- Teen charged with slapping elderly woman, setting her shirt on fire
- Boston man charged for assault on elderly man that blinded him in one eye
- Portland man, 18, charged with assaulting US Marshal during courthouse protest
- Man shot by Secret Service near White House charged with assaulting an officer