A 21-year-old man is fighting for his life after a security guard repeatedly punched him while ejecting him from a Coney Island amusement park Tuesday night, police said.
The guard allegedly slugged the man several times in the head as he was escorting him out of Luna Park around 7:30 p.m., following a squabble at a ride, according to police.
The victim, whose identity wasn’t released, was taken to Lutheran Medical Center and was diagnosed with “severe head trauma,” cops said.
A woman who was with the man in Luna Park told authorities the two were on the go-carts when they got into a dispute with staff about dangling their legs outside the ride, cops said.
The couple was then ejected from the amusement park, but the altercation continued as they left — leading the security guard to allegedly strike the man, according to police.
The victim is in critical condition with bleeding on the brain, police sources said.
No arrests have been made and cops are still investigating.
Luna Park didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
Metro | New York Post
- Man, 65, pummeled by stranger on Manhattan subway train, cops say
- Man, 73, struck by delivery truck in Coney Island: Cops
- Man tased by NYPD cops outside Nathan’s in Coney Island
- Naked man pummeled after charging pedestrians in the Bronx: video
- White man gets pummeled after using racial slur, video shows
- Brooklyn man sues NYC after falling through gap on Coney Island boardwalk
- Man with one leg pummeled during Bronx bus beatdown
- Man, 36, critically injured in mysterious Coney Island car fire
- Coney Island amusement parks set to reopen after long COVID-19 closure
- Coney Island, baby: Seaside attractions reopen after more than a year