A man who was found dead in a bag in an Upper Manhattan apartment last week had a stab wound to his chest, police revealed Thursday.
The remains of Daniel McCray, 37, were discovered on April 23 inside a large bag in a Sugar Hill apartment on St. Nicholas Avenue near West 149th Street, cops said.
There was no blood found at the scene, police said.
McCray, who doesn’t live at the apartment where his remains were found, was last seen alive on March 27, according to cops.
There have been no arrests.
The city’s medical examiner will determine a cause of death.
- Man found stabbed to death in the Bronx, cops say
- Cops seek son after Bronx woman found dead with bag over her head
- Two women found stabbed to death in Manhattan apartment
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in Manhattan subway attack: cops
- 2-month-old baby found dead at Manhattan homeless shelter hotel: cops
- 27-year-old man stabbed to death in Lower East Side skate park, cops say
- Man stabbed during argument in Central Park, cops say
- Homeless man beaten with baseball bat, stabbed by other vagrants, cops say
- New York man fatally stabbed by son during Zoom call, cops say
- Man stabbed in Hell’s Kitchen bodega battle, cops say