A woman whose 2-year-old son was pummeled by a panhandler on a Manhattan subway train described on Sunday how she pleaded for help during the attack — but “no one did nothing.”
The 20-year-old mom — who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of the on-the-loose attacker — said that none of the other straphangers on the full C train came to her aid Saturday when a female beggar started punching her baby.
“Nobody tried to help me,” she told The Post. “I yelled, ‘Someone help me, take the baby!’ No one did nothing to help.”
The harrowing incident took place shortly after 3 p.m. at Douglas Boulevard and West 116th Street, after the suspect walked between train-car doors and began asking passengers for money, police and law-enforcement sources said.
The panhandler a man for $20, before moving on to the mom, who said she was holding her tot in a harness.
“Ma’am, can you please say 6 feet away?” the boy’s mom said she asked the woman.
That’s when “she stepped on my foot,” the distraught woman recalled, “and I pushed her off my foot to protect the baby.”
“She turned and started punching the baby multiple times,” the mom said. “She didn’t even hit me.”
The aggressor fled when the train reached the West 116th Street station, “and no one tried to stop her.”
“There was a lot of people” on the train, the distressed woman noted. “Every seat was occupied.”
Her baby, who has asthma, suffered minor injuries to his face and ear. He is so traumatized that “he won’t let me touch him by the face.”
The NYPD on Sunday evening was still looking for the attacker, who was described by sources as heavy-set and in her 40s, with a neck tattoo and buzzcut.
“I will never forget her face,” the boy’s mom said. “She looked evil.”
Additional reporting by Tina Moore
- How To Remove Dark Spots On Your Face In 3 DaysIn ArticleMarch 1, 2021This article is originally posted on Proven Skincare. If you’ve got dark spots, age spots or acne scars on your face—whether from sun damage, ...[Read more]
- Two more packed illegal clubs busted by NYC sheriff’s deputiesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Two massive illegal gatherings were shut down in New York City on Sunday — with sheriff’s deputies booting hundreds of partygoers out onto the street ...[Read more]
- NYC lobbyists still make bank despite COVID-19 pandemicIn USAFebruary 28, 2021The Big Apple’s lobbying industry proved to be nearly pandemic-proof last year despite the COVID-19 outbreak that ravaged New York City, new records ...[Read more]
- Who is Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, first in line to succeed Gov. Cuomo?In USAFebruary 28, 2021With Gov. Andrew Cuomo facing multiple allegations of sexual harassment from former staffers — as well as a swirling scandal over his ...[Read more]
- Cuomo ‘sorry’ for workplace ‘jokes’ amid sexual harassment fiascoIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday copped to making “jokes” that he claimed were interpreted as “unwanted flirtation” — as his office caved on the state ...[Read more]
- Ka3na and TBoss take to Instagram, to battle it out for the real owner of the title ‘BossLady’.In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Previous articleActress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos) Credit: Gistreel...[Read more]
- Burna Boy Reached Out To Apologise And I’ve Forgiven Him – Mr 2kayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Nigerian singer Mr 2kay, has revealed that he has forgiven top singer Burna Boy who allegedly sent thugs to attack him. It will be recalled that in ...[Read more]
- Basketmouth Produced Web-Series Papa Benji Ep.12 “The Lies Men Tell”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Episode 12 of Basketmouth‘s comedy web series “Papa Benji” is here. This episode is tagged “The Lies Men Tell”. “Papa Benj” comedy features ...[Read more]
- Buhari, Tinubu, El-Rufai All Called For Jonathan’s Resign – Femi Falana Calls For The Release Of DawisuIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Human Rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has released an official statement calling for the release of Salihu Tanko Yakasai “Dawisu”, the former ...[Read more]
- Actress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Popular Nollywood actress and wife of Banky W, Adesua-Etomi Wellington has recently shared some photos of when she was heavy with her child and some ...[Read more]