It’s the first time that smoking has been good for your health.
New Jersey is now allowing smokers to get the highly coveted COVID-19 vaccine — on the grounds that their habit is considered a high-risk health condition, reports said Wednesday.
“Smoking puts you at significant risk for an adverse result from COVID-19 and there are 2 million smokers in New Jersey who fit into these categories,” New Jersey’s Department of Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said, according to NJ.com.
Gov. Phil Murphy announced the head-scratching expanded eligibility guidelines Wednesday, saying that anyone over the age of 65, or those with specific medical conditions, can start signing up for the booster as soon as Thursday, the outlet reported.
The conditions include cancer, chronic kidney disease, Down syndrome, severe obesity, Type-2 diabetes and a host of other maladies, the outlet reported.
With the expanded guidelines, an estimated 4.47 million residents, or about half of the Garden State’s 9 million people, are now eligible to receive the vaccine, the outlet said — but it’s not like anyone will need to show proof.
“No documentation of the medical condition or your age will be required,” Persichilli said, per NJ.com.
So far, the Garden State has administered 264,681 doses of the vaccine, including 236,503 first dose shots and 28,045 second jabs.
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu is deadIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian Instagram comedian, Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni has taken a swipe on the Buhari-led administration over its handling of the ...[Read more]
- Policewoman sacked for getting pregnant before marriageIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A female officer of the Nigeria Police Force has been dismissed for getting pregnant before marriage. The lady identified as Corporal Olajide Omolola ...[Read more]
- If you fall under anointing and break anything, you will pay – Pastor warns church members (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A Nigerian pastor has issued a warning to his church members who are fond of falling under the anointing and breaking church properties. In a ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman expresses regret after finding out the baby she abandoned at age 2 is now a kingIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A woman simply known as Ngozi has cried out in regret for treating her husband unfairly and abandoning her baby many years ago. She revealed that she ...[Read more]
- “She is a just friend” – Ned Nwoko clears the air on affair with Zambian mistressIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular politician, Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on his move to marry an eighth wife, after an alleged affair with a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson. It ...[Read more]
- Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yariâs account to FGIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday January 26, ordered the final forfeiture of millions found in the bank account of former ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]