New York state’s COVID-19 positivity rate dropped to below 1.5 percent on Saturday for the first time since Oct. 28, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday.
State officials recorded 2,849 positive cases out of 191,257 tests, Cuomo’s office said — bringing the seven-day average positivity to 1.84 percent, the lowest rate since Nov. 6.
Just 33 people died from the virus on Saturday, as hospitalizations dropped to 2,535, the lowest number since Nov. 20 and 33 percent less than two weeks ago.
The state owes its falling case rates to increased vaccinations, Cuomo said.
“Every single day, New York State is moving forward in the footrace between the infection rate and the vaccination rate,” Cuomo said in a statement.
“More New Yorkers are getting vaccinated and hospitalizations are declining, which is good news, but we need New Yorkers to stay vigilant to make sure we don’t lose any of the progress we’ve made.”
New York City’s seven-day positive case rate stood at 1.78 percent on Saturday, according to state figures — the fifth lowest among New York’s 10 regions.
The state’s highest COVID-19 rates are in Western New York, where the seven-day positivity rate was 3.38 percent on Saturday.
- “Nobody has a manual to keep a man” – Nkechi Blessing renders advice to ladiesIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday has disclosed that there’s no manual in keeping a man that has refused to stay with his woman. She took to ...[Read more]
- I No Get Sugar Daddy, Pls Patronize Me – Tacha Cries Out (Video)In Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaij a star Tacha ADVERTISEMENT has cried out to her fans and followers and all Nigerians begging them to patronize her as she ...[Read more]
- Leopard still on the loose a week after escaping from Chinese zooIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021This big cat is still on the lam. Weeks after three leopards escaped from an eastern China safari park, one is still at large — and the park is ...[Read more]
- NYC subway stations will now offer COVID-19 vaccinesIn USAMay 10, 2021Some Big Apple subways and LIRR and Metro-North stations are being turned into pop-up COVID-19 vaccination sites this week in an effort to boost ...[Read more]
- Buhari told to hoist Biafran flag in Aso RockIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has promised to give the sum N20 million each to the families of police officers killed during the recent attacks ...[Read more]
- Tech bros’ next move: Private cities without US government controlIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021Tech bros are at it again. After dominating Silicon Valley in the past two decades, hiking up rent prices in the area and filling the streets ...[Read more]
- Lady is in shock as she revealed that her dad who’s supposed to be dead is her friend’s fatherIn Viral NewsMay 10, 2021A lady took to Twitter to disclose that she saw her supposed late father on her friend’s WhatsApp status and the situation has left her confused as ...[Read more]
- Man narrates how a girl he bought sewing machine for sold it to buy expensive phoneIn GossipMay 10, 2021A Nigerian man has narrated how he purchased sewing machine for a girl after she completed her apprenticeship program but she sold it to buy a “big ...[Read more]
- The only thing South-west has produced are area boys and fake pastors – Billionaire, Olu Okeowo (Video)In GossipMay 10, 2021Billionaire realtor, Olu Okeowo has said that states in the south-west have majorly produced area boys and fake pastors. The business mogul spoke at ...[Read more]
- De Blasio will lower speed limits on 45 miles of NYC streetsIn USAMay 10, 2021Lower speed limits are coming to 10 streets across the five boroughs amid surging pedestrian deaths, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday. The 45 miles ...[Read more]