Another top New Jersey official is in quarantine after being exposed to COVID-19 — this time the state’s top health official.
Department of Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli, 71, will work from home until Dec. 8 after a staffer tested positive for coronavirus on Nov. 24, according to NJ.com.
Persichilli will skip in-person news briefings during her quarantine, the outlet said.
The personal lockdown is being done “out of an abundance of caution and in line with the Department’s guidance,” according to a New Jersey state health department statement.
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy was forced to quarantine last month after learning he had been exposed to a close staffer who tested positive.
- He Will Ask Me If I Am Naked Before Watching – Gabrielle Union’s Reveals Her Husband Dwayne Wade Hates Seeing Her Sex ScenesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021The older boys were like, ‘I am getting murdered at school,’ like with the sex scenes and all that.” However, she insisted she’ll continue to act ...[Read more]
- NRA loses bid to move New York AG suit from NYC to AlbanyIn USAJanuary 21, 2021The National Rifle Association lost its bid Thursday to move the New York attorney general’s civil suit against it from Manhattan to Albany. ...[Read more]
- Lack of NYCHA cameras blamed in Brooklyn serial killingsIn USAJanuary 21, 2021NYCHA allowed a serial-killing handyman to prowl a Brooklyn housing complex, allegedly stabbing, strangling and bludgeoning three elderly women after ...[Read more]
- NYPD cop says subway crime isn’t that bad amid violent shoving trendIn USAJanuary 21, 2021The NYPD’s top transit cop on Thursday insisted the subway isn’t as dangerous as people think it is — despite a string of recent high-profile ...[Read more]
- How canceled NYC COVID-19 vaccine appointments will be rescheduledIn USAJanuary 21, 2021The COVID-19 vaccine appointments the Big Apple was forced to cancel this week due to supply shortages will be automatically rescheduled one week ...[Read more]
- NYPD caravan heading back from DC sideswiped by hit-and-run driverIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A driver sideswiped an NYPD vehicle traveling back from Washington DC Thursday and then sped off — capping off a troubled trip that also saw a ...[Read more]
- Can COVID-19 vaccines be mixed and matched?In LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021Can COVID-19 vaccines be mixed and matched? Health officials say both doses should be of the same vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccines ...[Read more]
- South African Minister dies of COVID-19In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, Engr. Festus Y.A Daudu has charged the management of National ...[Read more]
- DOE internship program forced to go remote — but kids find silver liningIn USAJanuary 21, 2021Determined city kids in a Department of Education internship program found a small silver lining amid the coronavirus chaos. Sponsored by Bank of ...[Read more]
- NITDA charged to develop Nigerians’ capacities in ITIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, Engr. Festus Y.A Daudu has charged the management of National ...[Read more]