Bystanders did nothing to help an Asian woman as she was being beaten in broad daylight in Manhattan this week — and didn’t even bother calling 911, police said Wednesday.
An NYPD spokesperson said it had zero records of a 911 call from Monday’s unprovoked attack — when convicted murderer Brandon Elliot, 38, allegedly kicked a 65-year-old victim to the ground and repeatedly stomped on her face outside 360 West 43rd Street.
At a press conference Wednesday afternoon, Det. Michael Rodriguez said police on patrol drove by and saw the victim after she was attacked.
“They came upon the victim after she was assaulted,” he said.
Outrage has mounted over the caught-on-camera beatdown — the latest in a disturbing trend of hate crimes against Asian Americans — after at least three staffers inside the building were caught doing nothing to thwart Elliot.
One of the male staffers actually appears to close the door to the building as the woman writhes on the sidewalk.
The staffers who witnessed the attack have since been suspended as an investigation plays out.
A statement from Kyle Bragg, president of the SEIU 32BJ union that represents the workers, condemned the act of violence. Bragg said the door staff “called for help immediately.”
However, the staff “did not specify that it was a call to 911,” a rep told The Post Wednesday.
The victim, Vilma Kari, suffered a broken pelvis and was released from the hospital Tuesday.
Early Wednesday morning, police nabbed Elliot — a homeless man who was out on parole for murdering his mother in 2002 — for the alleged hate crime.
- Homeless man who was arrested 8 times last year charged in NYC Asian attack, cops say
- Homeless man who was arrested multiple times last year charged in NYC Asian attack, cops say
- Suspected hate crime attacker who beat Asian woman in NYC arrested, cops say
- Asian man punched in unprovoked attack near Penn Station, cops say
- Police deliver new fridge to a woman after she called 911 to complain that her refrigerator broke down
- Man hurls anti-Asian slurs at woman walking dog in Manhattan, cops say
- Two Asian women attacked on NYC subways, cops say
- Asian man punched in face in possible NYC hate crime, cops say
- Homeless man charged in attack on Asian woman in Chinatown, police say
- Asian man, 66, punched in unprovoked NYC attack: cops