An out-of-control driver fatally struck a man on a scooter before plowing into an outdoor dining set-up in Queens on Thursday night, police and sources said.
The 61-year-old female motorist, and a diner, were also injured in the smash-up outside Rosatoro at the corner of 35th Street and Ditmars Boulevard at about 7:45 p.m., according to police and sources.
The destruction began when the woman struck two parked cars then rammed into a scooter driver, a 29-year-old man, according to police.
She continued driving, with the male victim being dragged underneath her car, before barreling through a dining area outside the peruvian restaurant, injuring a female patron, police and sources said.
Her vehicle came to a rest after striking a tree on the sidewalk near the indoor entrance of the eatery.
“It was so loud — horrible,” witness Joseph Ortiz, 40, said of the crash.
Ortiz, who bartends across the street, said the scooter driver was trapped beneath the woman’s car.
“We tried to get to him. His face was just full of blood. It was bad.”
Surveillance footage from inside the restaurant shows indoor diners jump out of their seats when the vehicle plows through the structure.
All three victims were taken to local hospitals, where the 29-year-old man was pronounced dead, police and sources said.
The conditions of the driver and the female diner were not immediately clear.
- Driver smashes into Greenwich Village outdoor-dining area
- Car crashes into outdoor dining area in NYC, injuring three
- Shocking video shows truck crash into outdoor dining area in Brooklyn
- Car crashes into outdoor dining area on Upper East Side
- SUV plows into outdoor seating at Queens restaurant, injuring five
- Protesters pound on windows at Balthazar’s outdoor dining area in NYC
- Hamptons dining scene faces obstacles as outdoor dining opens
- VIDEO: Driver plows into Seattle protesters, leaving two seriously hurt
- COVID-19 silver lining: Outdoor dining turned hurting NYC into wonderland
- Car slams into outdoor dining structure in NYC