It’s a sad commentary on the gun violence plaguing the Big Apple.
One of the diners who was shot outside the famed Peter Luger Steakhouse in Brooklyn was recovering Friday at home — where he told a neighbor, “You go out to dinner and that’s what happens.”
The 57-year-old victim, who was hit in the gut, described the terrifying incident after being treated for his injuries at NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue in Manhattan.
“He told me there was a family dispute and they started shooting,” the neighbor said.
“He said he didn’t have a chance to run.”
The Queens man, who was having a business dinner when the bullets started flying, “is traumatized” by the experience but is otherwise “doing fine,” the neighbor said.
“He said to me, ‘You go out to dinner and that’s what happens,’” the neighbor said.
The victim is being cared for by his wife, with whom he has a grown daughter, the neighbor said.
“Of course, I feel good that he is going to be OK,” the neighbor added.
The other victim in Thursday night’s shooting, a 30-year-old male tourist from California, remained hospitalized at Bellevue, the hospital confirmed Friday.
He was shot in the shoulder and the bullet passed through his torso and stopped near his spine, but he’s not expected to be paralyzed as a result, a law-enforcement source said.
The victims were dining at separate tables outside the Williamsburg restaurant.
The alleged shooter, Arkies Sommerville, 24, was busted shortly after the shooting and was awaiting arraignment on charges that include two counts of attempted murder.
Sommer allegedly opened fire at a cousin and two other men after they escorted him out of Peter Luger for fighting over women during a birthday party.
None of his intended targets were hit, sources said.
- NYC couple celebrates anniversary with a bang during Peter Luger shooting
- Peter Luger shooting suspect once arrested for pulling fake gun at McDonald’s: sources
- ‘You Cannot Control What Happens To You, But You Can Control Your Attitude Toward What Happens To You’ – Georgina Onuoha
- Suspected Peter Luger’s shooter denied bail at Brooklyn arraignment
- Suspected Peter Luger shooter denied bail at Brooklyn arraignment
- Breakfast at Peter Luger’s: Wax figures of celebs fill seats at famed NYC steakhouse
- Here’s what sparked bloody beef outside NYC’s famed Peter Luger Steak House
- Alleged Peter Luger shooter wanted for armed robbery in North Carolina
- Two people shot while dining at Peter Luger Steak House in NYC
- ‘You might feel rich till Life presents you with just two problems to solve. It happens’ – Sarkodie delivers a sermon