Back-to-back crashes in the Hamptons Thursday afternoon killed one driver and left at least three people injured.
The mayhem on Sunrise Highway began around 1:45 p.m., when a vehicle was rear-ended in the eastbound lane, while passing through Southampton near Exit 63, state police said.
One of the drivers in that crash died at the scene, and the other was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center, according to officials. No passengers were in either vehicle, troopers said.
A short time later, a tractor trailer slowed down while it passed the accident, and was rear-ended by three other vehicles, police said.
Two people involved in the second accident were hospitalized with injuries, according to police.
Eastbound exits 61 and 63 were both closed for a time on Route 27 as officials tried to clear the accidents, Suffolk County Police tweeted.
The driver who was killed was not identified, and there is no word on any arrests as investigators look into both crashes.
- Mayor hopeful Eric Adams affirms, ‘I live in Brooklyn,’ as foes pile on in debate
- Needles pile on subway tracks amid ‘mental health crisis’: MTA boss
- Abuja Wife Gives Away Natural & Fast Cure for Pile Hemorrhoids, Fluid Discharge & Bleeding Permanently
- Desperate Housewife Reveals Totally Natural Solution for Hemorrhoids, chronic pile, Anal Bleeding & discharge without surgery or medication
- This dirt pile sold for $1.2 million in New York City
- Thailand’s oldest hippo celebrates 55th birthday with pile of fruit
- Sack Saboba DCE – NPP supporters pile pressure on Akufo-Addo
- ‘Hoarder’ found mummified under pile of garbage in Queens house: cops
- Youths burn truck loaded with cows after it caused fatal accident in Anambra (Video)
- Twitter user shares heartbreaking details of the final moments of an OAU student who fought to live after a fatal accident