City sheriffs on Tuesday night shut down a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve indoor customers in defiance of COVID-19 restrictions.
The raid at Mac’s Public House also resulted in the arrest of its co-owner, Danny Presti, who was not cooperative as officers issued the pub several violations for flouting city and health health orders, sources said.
Dozens of angry supporters of the bar descended upon the establishment as officers with the New York City Sheriff’s Department executed their order.
“Free Keith McAnerney now,” the crowd chanted, referring to the bar’s other owner — though it did not appear he was there at the time.
The angry crowd also yelled, “we’re going to defund the Sheriffs!” and vented about Gov. Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio.
Presti’s lawyer, Lou Gelormino, told The Post that the situation started out calm, but culminated with three summonses.
“They [sheriff’s] were respectful and we were very respectful, and I intervened and inside we were going to be cooperative,” Gelormino said.
“Then 10 minutes later outside I started filming and that’s when they asked me for my ID, and they gave me three summonses as his attorney.”
Presti is expected to be released from the sheriff’s office with a desk appearance ticket, sources said. It’s unclear what charges he faces.
Mac’s Public House, in a state-designated coronavirus hot spot, has garnered headlines for refusing to stop indoor services as dictated by restrictions that went into effect last Wednesday.
The bar has also been slapped with thousands of dollars in fines and had its state liquor license yanked.
- EPL: Georginio Wijnaldum criticizes Liverpool players for losing against Burnley at AnfieldIn EPL, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Barcelona boss, Ronald Koeman, has slammed his players for missing two penalties against Cornella in the Copa del Rey round of 32 fixture on Thursday ...[Read more]
- Kano govt commences fresh legal action against blasphemous singer, Yahaya SharifIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Protesters have vandalized the Democratic Party headquarters in Portland and Oregon and a federal US Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, ...[Read more]
- I Have Been Sad For Some Time Now – Ifu Ennada RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Beautician and media influencer Ifu Ennada has disclosed that she has not bein happy for some time now, but she is back to being happy and vibrant. ...[Read more]
- Zlatan Ibile gets tattoo of first President of Ghana, Dr kwame NkrumahIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021Popular singer, Zlatan Ibile has raised questions after inking the tattoo of the first prime minister and president of Ghana, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. The ...[Read more]
- Journalist, former NUGS Secretary to contest Council of State position in Savannah RegionIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021A Journalist and Radio station Manager in the Savannah Region Mahama Haruna has declared his intention to contest for the position of Member of the ...[Read more]
- Only 40 Ministers would’ve been most ideal – Gyampo tells Akufo-AddoIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Political Science lecturer at the University of Ghana Prof. Ransford Gyampo has criticized the proposed size of the President’s government in his ...[Read more]
- Occassoonally reshuffle your ministers for better outcomes – Gyampo to Akufo-AddoIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Political Scientist Professor Ransford Gyampo has recommended that President Nana Akufo-Addo reshuffle his ministers in his second term as President, ...[Read more]
- You’ll have roles in the larger gov’t structure – Akufo-Addo raps former appointeesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has promised his former appointees of giving them roles in government. The President made this ...[Read more]
- Gigi Hadid finally announces her baby girl’s adorable name on InstagramIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Gigi Hadid has revealed her daughter’s name after months of keeping it a secret. The supermodel edited her bio on Instagram to ...[Read more]
- Singer Alariwo loses his mother and narrates how the sad news was broken to himIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Nigerian singer, Alariwo has lost his mother. He took to Instagram to share the heartbreaking news. Sharing a photo of his mother, he wrote: MY ...[Read more]