Sons of a COVID-19 patient who died after being dumped in a nursing home ripped “gaslighting” Gov. Andrew Cuomo for refusing to apologize for bungling — and then covering up — the state’s deadly response to the pandemic.
“He’s consistently lied and gaslighted us and called us names from the beginning,” Daniel Arbeeny told Fox & Friends earlier this week, adding that the governor’s brother should step up and ask him the hard questions.
“In May, I asked on CNN for an apology. Today, [Gov. Cuomo] is still blaming us and deflecting. I’m asking CNN, Chris Cuomo, his brother, to interview us and learn what really happened.”
Daniel and his brother Peter Arbeeny’s 89-year-old Korean war veteran father Norman died in April from COVID-19 days after the senior was sent home from a nursing home.
They believe Norman caught the bug in the hospital before the overwhelmed facility shunted him to a care center in Brooklyn, which didn’t test him for the virus and was ill-equipped to handle his severe symptoms.
Norman died 12 hours after receiving a positive test result at home.
The two have been some of the fiercest critics of Cuomo’s mishandling of the coronavirus crisis. In October, they held a mock funeral for the Democratic governor’s “leadership and integrity.”
The brothers’ renewed outrage follows The Post’s exclusive report that the Cuomo administration tried to cover up the true death toll of COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes, fearing it would be “used against us” in a federal investigation.
Cuomo has faced severe backlash for his March order to allow COVID-19 patients into nursing homes, likely leading to thousands of deaths.
On Monday, the governor did issue an apology — but it wasn’t to the families who lost loved ones because of his controversial order.
“Look I have said repeatedly, we made a mistake in creating the void,” Cuomo said at a press conference. “The void allowed misinformation and conspiracy.”
Peter also tore into Cuomo — who won an Emmy for his daily coronavirus press briefings — for wanting to be “glorified.”
“He should learn to own his mistakes,” Peter said. “OK, you did things right but you also did things wrong. And not apologizing to a family member for the thousands of family members is unconscionable. He has forgotten the face of his father, unfortunately.”
- Chelsea vs Man Utd: I tried to sign Bruno Fernandes – TuchelIn SportsFebruary 28, 2021Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has named a new position Kai Havertz will feature importantly in his squad this season. Tuchel also insisted that ...[Read more]
- Bayern Munich angry after Golden Eaglets thrashed their academy 5-1In SportsFebruary 28, 2021Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has named a new position Kai Havertz will feature importantly in his squad this season. Tuchel also insisted that ...[Read more]
- Reactions as Davido allegedly found new lover, dumps ChiomaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021The news that Nigerian singer, Davido, has found a new lover has stirred a lot of reactions from Nigerians on social media. The Nigerian singer in a ...[Read more]
- Chioma allegedly clashes with Davido over his visit to Sophia Momodu’s house to see ImadeIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Recent reports have alleged that Chioma has been engaging in fights with her fiance, Davido, whenever he wants to see his daughter, Imade. Blogger, ...[Read more]
- Man stabbed to death outside NYC gambling den was tragic good samaritan: NYPDIn USAFebruary 28, 2021The man fatally stabbed outside an alleged Brooklyn gambling den was an innocent bystander who was trying to break up a knife fight, police said. ...[Read more]
- Chioma breaks down in tears following Davido’s entanglement with model, Mya YafaiIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Davido’s fiancee, Chioma Avril Roland is allegedly in tears following her lover’s entanglement with Atlanta based model, Mya Yafai. According to ...[Read more]
- My support for Kumerican Movement unquestionable – Okyeame KwameIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 28, 2021Legendary Hiplife artiste and ‘Yeeko’ hitmaker, Okyeame Kwame born Kwame Nsiah-Apau has revealed to Amansan Krakye on Kastle FM monitored by ...[Read more]
- Implement creative arts bill immediately – MUSIGA to new MinisterIn Entertainment, GhanaFebruary 28, 2021The Acting President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) Bessa Simons has lauded the tourism, culture and creative arts Minister-designate, ...[Read more]
- Retract, apologize, resign! – Prof Azar to Judicial Service officials who authorized media releaseIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021Legal luminary and relentless public intellectual, Professor Stephen Kwaku Asare fondly referred to as Kwaku Azar has called on persons behind the ...[Read more]
- How Davido and Mya Yafai hooked up and spent time together in Ghana (Screenshots)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Recent reports have it that Nigerian singer, Davido and Young Ma’s ex girlfriend, Mya Yafai were together in Ghana last year December. Recall Davido ...[Read more]