The woman who accused mayoral candidate Scott Stringer of sexual misconduct has now filed an official complaint with state Attorney General Letitia James to investigate her allegations against the city comptroller.
Jean Kim last week alleged publicly that Stringer repeatedly groped her and said, “Why won’t you f–k me?” when she worked as an “unpaid intern” for his 2001 campaign for public advocate. He was an assemblyman at the time.
Stringer has denied wrongdoing but said he had a “consensual” relationship with Kim.
“Jean Kim, through her attorney, has filed this morning a formal complaint with the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) alleging Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment by Scott Stringer while he was a New York State Assemblyman running for the office of Public Advocate,” Kim’s lawyer Patricia Pastor said in a statement.
“Jean will participate fully with the OAG in any investigation it conducts into this matter,” Pastor said.
James’s office did not immediately return calls seeking confirmation of the complaint.
Stringer campaign spokesman Tyrone Stevens said, “We welcome examination of this false allegation by any independent third party, whether that be a government agency or journalist.”
Kim’s bombshell allegations from 20 years ago have rocked Stringer’s mayoral campaign, with many lawmakers and the Working Families Party rescinding their endorsements.
But Stringer said he will stay in the race and issued an email fundraising blast to supporters earlier Tuesday.
- Bayelsa Councillor rejects fundraising after she built bridge with funds meant for her official carIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021A Bayelsa State councillor, Onem Miracle Tyna, has rejected offers of a GoFundMe or any other fundraising campaign planned on her behalf by members ...[Read more]
- Villagers stunned to find giant frog as big as ‘a human baby’In LifestyleMay 10, 2021Frogzilla! Solomon Islands villagers were flabbergasted after encountering a frog as big “as a human baby” during a hunting expedition, the ...[Read more]
- I’m Still Your Crush, Don’t Try To Play Me – Olakunle Churchill ClaimsIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Newly married Olakunle Churchill has come through with some shades saying he knows he’s someone’s crush asking the person not to try ...[Read more]
- Biafra, Oduduwa: Hypocrite, Nigeria must break up – Pastor Giwa replies T.B JoshuaIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021The Senior Pastor of the Awaiting the Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, has responded to T.B Joshua’s declaration that Nigeria will not ...[Read more]
- UK Army tests suit that can make their soldiers fly in the air (Video)In Viral News, World NewsMay 10, 2021The British Royal Navy and Royal Marines may soon be using a kit that would give their officers an aerial advantage during operations. According to ...[Read more]
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up watching this Extra gum commercial?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021 is giving cooped up ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up at this ad for gum?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic is giving cooped up viewers ...[Read more]