A high school student was killed and another wounded in a shooting at a New Jersey school athletic field, authorities said Monday.
Moussa Fofana, 18, was fatally shot at Underhill Field in Maplewood at around 9:40 p.m. Sunday night, according to the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office.
The 11th-grade student at Columbia High School died at the scene nearly an hour later, the agency said.
The other male student, whose age was not immediately known, was shot in the leg and treated at a nearby hospital, cops said.
In a letter to teachers, according to The Village Green, Columbia High School Principal Frank Sanchez wrote, “a few of our students were in a horrible situation last night at Underhill Field. It looks like a student may have died.”
“This inconceivable calamity is undoubtedly a devastating blow to our students, staff and community,” Superintendent Dr. Ronald Taylor wrote to parents, according to TapInto.
Metro | New York Post
- 7-year-old boy killed, 5 injured when ATV flips in Florida field
- One man killed, another injured in Brooklyn shooting
- One killed, another injured during shooting inside Seattle’s cop-free zone
- Secondary school student caught in school with local gun she allegedly planned to use in shooting a teacher who asked her to cut her coloured hair
- 18-year-old killed, five others injured in New Jersey boat crash
- One killed, multiple injured in Garden State Parkway crash in New Jersey
- “Deeper life high school people went to my little baby’s school to make enquiry of my address” – Mother of 11-year-old student of Deeper life high school cries out
- New Zealand police shooting: One officer dead and another seriously injured
- Injured Jets making their way back to the field
- Crystal Palace Reacts To Chelsea’s New Third Jersey As It Appears With Their Exact Pattern Of Jersey