The gunman who cops say wounded two people when he opened fire outside Peter Luger’s Steakhouse was denied bail Saturday at his arraignment in Brooklyn criminal court on charges that include two counts of attempted murder.
Arkies Sommerville, 24, will be dining on jailhouse cuisine after Judge Loren Baily-Schiffman turned down his lawyer’s request that he be granted “reasonable bail” and released provided he’s tracked with an electronic monitoring device.
Sommerville — who appeared remotely via livestream — lives with his girlfriend and stepdaughter in Brooklyn. He allegedly opened fire at a cousin and two other men after they escorted him out of the famous Williamsburg eatery for fighting over women during a birthday celebration there Thursday night.
Assistant District Attorney Samantha Santo alleged that Sommerville fired twice, first hitting a diner in the arm and then a patron waiting to be seated who took a bullet to the abdomen.
The first victim was a tourist from California who is recovering at Bellevue Hospital with a bullet lodged near his spine, police sources said. The other man was treated and released from the hospital.
Santo said there was surveillance video from outside Luger’s as the beef burned. It was not shown during the court proceeding, but it reveals that “multiple individuals were within several feet of (Sommerville) sitting at tables eating their meals and standing in front of the location,” according to a copy of the criminal complaint that also charges Sommerville with assault and weapons possession.
Sommerville’s lawyer tried to argue that he works full-time in construction and has “strong community ties and strong community support.”
But he was not only was denied bail, he got sentenced to two days in jail for an unrelated 2014 disorderly conduct case in which he had previously pled guilty, but only completed five of his six community service days.
He also has five open warrants in North Carolina, where cops warned on Facebook in February that he should “be considered armed and very dangerous.”
The North Carolina warrants against Sommerville allege crimes that include the armed robbery of a man who was tied up, beaten and had a gun held to his head inside his house in Littleton on Feb. 2, according to a Facebook post by the city police department.
At around the same time as the arraignment in Williamsburg, Peter’s Luger’s was open for business.
“We are all feeling OK. People are still coming in. It’s a regular day. Smooth,” a worker at the restaurant told The Post on Saturday.
Sommerville is due back in Brooklyn Supreme Court on May 5.
- Most Nigerian Male Celebrities Are Gay – Bobrisky’s Ivorian PA SaysIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT It appears the rift between controversial Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky and his former daughter from Ivory Coast isn’t ending anytime ...[Read more]
- Suffolk County pol wants to overhaul judge selection process in NYIn USAMay 10, 2021Democratic Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone is calling on the state’s top judge, Janet DiFiore, to support an overhaul of how New York’s judges ...[Read more]
- Long Island man used bathroom cam to spy on landlord, family, cops sayIn USAMay 10, 2021A Long Island man allegedly hid a camera inside his landlord’s bathroom and collected “private images” of her family, according to police. Cristian ...[Read more]
- People Have Think I’m A Native Doctor Because I Sleep In Coffin Sometimes – Charly BoyIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Controversial Nigerian activist, Charles Oputa better known as Charly Boy has taken to his Twitter page to ask for prayers from his ...[Read more]
- Queens man accused of killing, sexually abusing his 65-year-old motherIn USAMay 10, 2021A Queens man was charged Sunday with fatally beating and sexually abusing his 65-year-old mother, prosecutors said. Pushkar Sharma, 28, allegedly ...[Read more]
- Iniubong Was A Good Girl, She Promised To Start Work And Make Me Proud – Aggrieved Mother SpeaksIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The foster mother of 26 year old Iniubong Umoren, Mrs. Ime Ekpo has expressed her sadness to Sunday Vanguard. Recall that Ms Umoren was ...[Read more]
- Madness Going On In Some Parts Of The Country – BuhariIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigeria’s President Buhari has taken the opportunity to condole with all those who lost family members in what he termed the “madness” ...[Read more]
- ‘Never Marry A Mummy’s Boy’ – Counselor Adofoli To LadiesIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Ghanaian counselor, Counselor Frank Adofoli has advised ladies against marrying a mummy’s boy. The renowned counselor made this known ...[Read more]
- Blessing Okoro Speaks About Who A Wife Material Really IsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian relationship coach, Blessing Okoro has spoken about who a wife material really is. The controversial personality made this ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Captured In Some Lovely Photos With Tonto Dikeh & Other Nollywood StarsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Young Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has been captured in some lovely photos she shared on her Instagram handle. She was captured in ...[Read more]