An NYPD officer fractured his knee while trying to bust a shoplifter at a Target in the Bronx, cops said.
The officer responded around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday for a report of someone stealing a coffee maker and air fryer from the Target on West 225th Street in Marble Hill, authorities said.
The cop spotted the suspect leaving the store and tried to arrest him, police said. A struggle ensued, and the shoplifter shoved the officer to the ground, fracturing his knee, authorities said.
At some point, the suspect dropped the stolen items and took off into a building on Exterior Street, part of NYCHA’s Marble Hill Houses, where he bolted through the back door, cops said.
Video released by police shows him walking empty-handed through the building. Cops describe him as about 40 years old, 185 pounds, about 5-foot-9 and bald.
He was last seen wearing a dark-colored jacket, dark jeans and gray sneakers.
The officer was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated and released.
- JAMB bars two students, sanctions staff for violating COVID-19 protocolsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has suspended two of its staff and banned two candidates for violating precautionary measures to ...[Read more]
- Lagos records more COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, Health, NewsJanuary 18, 2021Dr Ifegbike Kalu of the Federal Medical Centre Makurdi, Benue State, on Monday said government should order schools to operate on shift basis, amid ...[Read more]
- Trump baby blimp lands at London museumIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021LONDON – A blimp depicting US President Donald Trump as a snarling, nappy-wearing orange baby has found a home in one of London’s most popular ...[Read more]
- Rotimi Amaechi opens up on use of crutchesIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Uncertainty in Cross River as tenure of 4th Acting Chief Judge expiresIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Trump’s last action as US President revealedIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anyaoku at 88: ‘He is Anambra’s gift to the world’- Gov ObianoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abia State Chapter, has reacted to claims that its members had planned to carry out a protest against ...[Read more]
- School reopening: Your children are safe – Private school owners tell parentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abia State Chapter, has reacted to claims that its members had planned to carry out a protest against ...[Read more]
- Chelsea to pay more for Haaland’s release ahead of Real Madrid, Man CityIn SportsJanuary 18, 2021A former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, has urged the club to sign a new centre-back and a right-winger to win the Premier League title. ...[Read more]
- Khafi shares short film, promises to take acting career serious (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 18, 2021The popular reality star, Khafi Kareem has shared a short film (monologue) of herself as she takes a bolder step towards acting career. It would be ...[Read more]