Embattled mayoral candidate and city Comptroller Scott Stringer won the endorsement of Teamsters Local 237 on Monday after its leader dismissed his accuser’s sexual misconduct claims.
“I don’t believe her story. I really don’t,” Teamsters Local 237 president Gregory Floyd told The Post, referring to ex-Stringer campaign aide Jean Kim.
“I know Scott a long time. I knew his mother before I knew him. That’s just not his behavior… I question the timing. The same day he puts out his first campaign ad.”
Teamsters Local 237 represents 24,000 city government employees — including school safety agents, security officers in public hospitals and homeless shelters and workers in New York City Housing Authority complexes.
Floyd told Stringer that he still had his unions’ support late last week — while an avalanche of progressive lawmakers and the Working Family Party rescinded their endorsements, following the bombshell groping accusations leveled against the current comptroller by Kim.
Stringer vowed to remain in the race despite the eroding support.
Kim, 49, accused Stringer of repeatedly sexually harassing her during his failed 2001 campaign for public advocate — including asking her, “Why won’t you f–k me!”
Stringer denied the allegations, claiming they had a consensual relationship.
A top issue for Teamsters Local 237 is blocking the city’s decision to transfer school safety agents from the supervision of the NYPD to the Department of Education.
Floyd said Stringer promised to revisit the issue.
“We know Scott, and we trust Scott, because throughout his time in public service, he has always stuck by his values. Scott will deliver a recovery and a city that puts working people first, and we’re proud to support him to be New York City’s next mayor,” Floyd said in a statement.
Stringer was thrilled to have some good news.
“I’m so proud to have the support of a group of New Yorkers who, throughout the pandemic, made the difficult decision to constantly put other people ahead of themselves. When many of us were staying home, they went to work — taking care of our school buildings, our public hospitals, and our NYCHA campuses without ever asking for special treatment,” Stringer said.
“I want to thank Greg Floyd for his leadership and partnership, and I look forward to working with the members of Local 237 to win this race and deliver for New Yorkers.”
- Akuapem Poloo Appreciates Her Muslim Fans By Dropping Some HAJIA PhotosIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Popular Ghanaian video vixen, Rosemond Brown who is known as Akuapem Poloo has appreciated her Muslim fans and followers with her ...[Read more]
- “You’ll be locked down” – Omotola Jalade shades artist that drew her portraitIn Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Veteran actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde aimed a dig at an artist who tried to impress her by drawing her portrait, a move that went wrong. Social ...[Read more]
- “Everyday for thief, one for the owner” – James Brown mocks Bobrisky over rift with Ivorian PA (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Nigerian cross-dresser, James Brown has reacted to the ongoing drama between Bobrisky and the Ivorian lady who tattooed his name on her body. Recall ...[Read more]
- Erica Reveals She Is Glowing Despite All The Stress In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaija star, Erica Ngozi Nlewedim has revealed she is not letting the stress in Nigeria affect her negatively. The beautiful reality ...[Read more]
- Princess Shyngle opens up on her health status after attempt to take her own lifeIn Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Popular curvy and endowed actress, Princess Shyngle has jokingly revealed the condition of her health after her latest divorce. Princess Shyngle has ...[Read more]
- Dangote’s Son-in-law, Jamil, Shares A Message He Got From An Indian Who Asked For $135mIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Jamil Abubakar revealed that the man known as Krishna Singh Rohra requested for money to the tune of $135million in order to help him ...[Read more]
- Rema Bags Juicy Deal With Monster Energy DrinkIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Young Nigerian musician, Divine Ikubor who is known as Rema has bagged a juicy ambassadorial deal with Monster Energy. This was ...[Read more]
- OAP, Kemi Smallz mourns death of her father with heartfelt tributeIn Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Popular On-Air Personality, Kemi Smallz has announced the passing away of her father, Mike Owatemi. Kemi Smallz who is ranked highly in the ...[Read more]
- We Went Through A Lot At The Hands Of Our Abductors- Freed Afaka StudentIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT One of the freed students of the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna state, Sarah Sunday has narrated her bitter ...[Read more]
- Again, gunmen attack police formations in Rivers, behead officerIn Local News, NewsMay 8, 2021A combined team of security operatives, on Friday, killed one bandit, while several others escaped with bullet wounds. This was confirmed in a ...[Read more]