A 13-year-old boy briefly escaped from the Nassau County juvenile-detention center on Long Island on Friday, The Post has learned.
The teen took off Friday afternoon in a blue jumpsuit down Old Country Road in Mineola, law-enforcement sources said.
By 5 p.m., cops had him back in custody, sources said.
The Nassau County Police and the detention center could not be reached for additional details.
- Nassau County to roll out body-worn cameras for police with $3K added pay for cops
- Nassau County to roll out body-worn cameras for police
- Nassau County now says it will close Nickerson beach to non-residents
- Nassau County residents block George Floyd protesters during march
- Nassau County cops warned to avoid NYC after chokehold ban
- Nassau County correction officer slashed by gang member he was transporting to cell
- Doubles team out of US Open after Nassau County coronavirus order
- Bronx hospital prisoner pushes cop, briefly escapes when uncuffed to use bathroom
- Wayne Rooney escapes relegation with Derby County
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Detention Adventure’ On HBO Max, Where Four Teens Try To Find Alexander Graham Bell’s Secret Labs Under Their Detention Room