A vagrant who was begging for money in a subway station Monday evening in Manhattan slashed a straphanger on the hand because he didn’t give enough, cops said.
The attack happened on the southbound E platform at 6th Avenue and West 4th Street in Greenwich Village around 4:20 p.m., cops said.
The rider gave the beggar money, but he asked for more, cops said. That’s when the crazed man attacked.
The victim walked to a nearby hospital for treatment, cops said.
Subway stations have seen a spike in violent crime recently.
- New Yorkers head to Times Square for first ‘movie date night’ amid COVIDIn USAMarch 7, 2021Love — and the smell of popcorn — was back in the air at Times Square Saturday, as couples enjoyed their first “movie date night” in a year. “It was ...[Read more]
- Two more women accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo of inappropriate behaviorIn USAMarch 7, 2021Two more women came forward Saturday to accuse Gov. Cuomo of sexually harassing behavior, including a former press aide who describes struggling to ...[Read more]
- Nassau Coliseum to become COVID-19 vaccination siteIn USAMarch 7, 2021Long Island’s Nassau Coliseum is set to become a vaccination site later this month, County Executive Laura Curran announced Saturday. “We’re focused ...[Read more]
- ‘The real reason why bilionaire Chief Ikpea divorced his wife of 39 years’ – Family memberIn Celebrity NewsMarch 7, 2021Read a statement by a family member below… As against the claims going round media that the Mrs Agnes, the first wife of chief Ikpea was thrown out ...[Read more]
- Boy with ‘severe trauma’ found dead inside NYC apartmentIn USAMarch 7, 2021An apparently serially bludgeoned Manhattan boy was found dead inside a Harlem apartment Saturday, authorities said. The 10-year-old had “severe ...[Read more]
- Sotayo Sobola gets married In low-key wedding ceremony (Photos)In Celebrity NewsMarch 7, 2021Congratulations are in order as Nollywood actress Sotayo Sobola has tied the knot with a yet-to-be-identified man. The 35-year-old thespian shared a ...[Read more]
- Lurid PTA ‘lies’ part of power struggle in Astoria’s Greek community: lawsuitIn USAMarch 7, 2021A Greek blogger is being being paid to post lurid lies as part of a mysterious “power struggle” in Queens’ Greek community, according to a lawsuit. ...[Read more]
- FDNY paramedic bitten on face by patient says she’ll keep workingIn USAMarch 7, 2021A brave FDNY paramedic, savagely attacked by a crazed teenager who took a bite out of her face, said the bizarre encounter will not derail her ...[Read more]
- Foster kid abused 6-year-old daughter, mom claims in lawsuitIn USAMarch 7, 2021A Brooklyn mom claims her 6-year-old was sexually abused by a foster child the city’s Administration for Children’s Services practically dumped on ...[Read more]
- Port Authority shoe shiners sue over alleged falsified wagesIn USAMarch 7, 2021They were practically shoe shine slaves. Two men who claim they earned just $20 a day shining shoes at Port Authority are suing their former boss for ...[Read more]