The elderly mother of an embattled real estate attorney — who went AWOL last month after clients accused him of stealing their money — says her son forged her name to take out millions in loans.
“I am 94 years old and have been the victim of a terrible fraud,” she wrote in an affidavit filed by her attorney that alleges her son Mitchell Kossoff forged her signature to borrow a total of $2.6 million.
Capital Stack gave Mitchell the cash upfront in exchange for his agreement to pay back $3.67 million — with the money coming from future revenue from his law firm.
The loan documents show not just the signatures of Kossoff but one purported to be that of his mother — and it looks nothing like legitimate examples submitted to the court.
After Mitchell defaulted on the loan repayments, the financing company sued him and his mom in Manhattan Supreme Court.
“I did not learn of the fraud until last week when my son, Mitchell Kossoff, told me that there are some documents which had my signature but which I had not signed,” she wrote in the Thursday filing seeking an injunction to prevent Capital Stack from pursuing her for the unpaid loans.
“I certainly did not sign any of those affidavits or underlying documents.”
Mitchell’s chat with his philanthropist mom is the first public indication he hasn’t gone completely MIA, according to the RealDeal.
His law firm has essentially shut down and his clients fear he has absconded with their cash, the site reported. Several of his clients are suing him.
The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is investigating the allegations.
Kossoff couldn’t be reached for comment.
- Signature of ‘Tiger King’ star Carole Baskin’s missing husband possibly forged on will
- How scammers forged Attah Igala’s signature to hold ICDA meeting in Kogi
- Davido’s babymama, Chioma opens up on how she forged her parents signature
- Diego Maradonaâs doctor forged the football iconâs signature to get medical records, prosecutors confirm
- Lady Pleads With Nigerian Police, EFCC, Says Alhaji Sukazeem Is Trying To Take Their Family Land with Forged Document (Watch Video)
- Elite NYC private schools received millions in PPP loans: SBA
- Chinese national applied for millions in coronavirus-relief loans: feds
- Kanye West’s Yeezy label received millions in small business loans
- Firms tied to Democratic lawmakers, their spouses got millions in PPP loans
- New York horse-racing bookies land millions in PPP loans as critics cry foul