A pair of NYPD officers brawled with an apparent homeless man inside a Manhattan subway station in a wild scene caught on video.
The cops were at the Herald Square Station on Broadway and West 32nd Street around 2:30 p.m. Monday when they saw two people sleeping on the mezzanine, police said.
When they asked the duo to leave, one of the men, later identified as Perry Robinson, became aggressive and fought with them, police said.
The video, posted on Instagram, shows one of the officers grabbing for Robinson after he stands up from the floor and then appears to lean against a wall. Robinson, who is wearing a brown leather jacket, then tries to fight the cops and swings at one of them before falling down.
Both policemen then struggle to restrain Robinson as he’s on the ground, with one appearing to punch him in the face. The taller of the two cops loses his gun belt during the fracas and scrambles to put it back on as the man goes after the other cop, pinning him to the wall and repeatedly pummeling him, the video shows.
The struggle ends with Robinson getting handcuffed as the taller officer finally secures his gun belt. Two bystanders jump in by helping the cops restrain the perp.
Robinson, 43, was arrested for assault of a police officer, resisting arrest and obstruction of governmental administration, police said. Robinson is from Greensboro, North Carolina, and has no prior charges in the city, cops said.
One of the cops was bitten by the perp on his left forearm, the other suffered pain and bruising to his right knee, the sources said. The officers were taken to Lenox Hill Hospital for treatment.
- Nigeria frees 4,000 inmates due to logisticsIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The federal government said logistics was the major reason more than 4,000 inmates were released from prisons across Nigeria. Minister of Interior, ...[Read more]
- Meet Michael Boulous, Tiffany Trump’s Nigerian Billionaire Fiancé And Scion of The SCOA ConglomerateIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Michael Boulos, Tiffany Trump’s fiancé, is a Nigerian-Lebanese man whose family is now based in Nigeria and runs Boulos Enterprises in the ...[Read more]
- Joe Biden makes history by picking transgender doctor as assistant health secretaryIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021US Incoming President, Joe Biden has made history by picking a transgender doctor for a top government health post in his administration. ...[Read more]
- Donald Trump’s Daughter Tiffany Gets Engaged To 23-year-old Billionaire Michael BoulosIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Donald Trump ‘s youngest daughter Tiffany Trump has announced her engagement. The 27-year-old said “Yes” when her 23-year-old billionaire boyfriend ...[Read more]
- Woman alleges her husband died in police detention over N200 airtimeIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A widow and mother of two, Adebimpe Sobowale, appeared before the Ogun State Panel of Inquiry on police brutality and human rights violations ...[Read more]
- Samuel Tetteh joins Austrian Bundesliga side St. Pölten on loanIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 19, 2021Ghana winger, Samuel Tetteh, has joined Austrian Bundesliga side, St. Pölten, on a six-month loan deal that will keep him at the club until the end ...[Read more]
- Staten Island man busted for role in Capitol riot sprung on $250K bailIn USAJanuary 19, 2021A former Fashion Institute of Technology student who allegedly livestreamed the Capitol siege and took a selfie outside Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office ...[Read more]
- My Child Contracted COVID-19 Last Term – Comedian, Owen Gee Kicks Against School ReopeningIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Comedian Owen Gee has kicked against the reopening of schools across the federation following the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the state. ...[Read more]
- FBI agent speaks out on shooting of NJ judge Esther Salas’ sonIn USAJanuary 19, 2021The lead FBI agent in the fatal shooting of a federal judge’s New Jersey family said the woman’s slain son and wounded husband “put up a strong ...[Read more]
- 20 million Nigerians won’t be poor by 2023 – OsinbajoIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Presidency has condemned Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s ultimatum to herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reserves. In a statement on Tuesday, Garba ...[Read more]