A 62-year-old woman was fatally struck by a motorist in Staten Island late Sunday, cops said Monday.
A 19-year-old woman was driving a 2015 Jeep SUV south on Hylan Boulevard when she hit Hongyou Huang around 9:40 p.m. in the Oakwood Heights section, cops said.
The driver was attempting a left turn onto Tysens Lane, while Huang was trying to cross in the “general crosswalk area,” according to police.
Responding officers found Huang lying in the roadway with head trauma, police said.
Huang — who lived about a mile-and-a-half from the scene — was taken to Staten Island University Hospital North, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver stayed on scene and was not injured or arrested, police said.
The investigation is ongoing. It was not immediately clear who had the light.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Colleges pushed anew for reparations for slavery, racismIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021PROVIDENCE, R.I. — For Brown University students, the Ivy League college’s next step in its yearslong quest to atone for its legacy of slavery is ...[Read more]
- Biafra: IPOB won’t attack Lagos – Ohanaeze Ndigbo president assures Sanwo-OluIn Biafra, NewsMay 13, 2021The Attorney General of the Federation AGF and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar, has hinted that the federal government will resuscitate special ...[Read more]
- Teachers union chief cites Stuyvesant HS in ripping standardized testingIn USAMay 13, 2021American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten critiqued standardize testing Thursday — and specifically cited the racial makeup of ...[Read more]
- ‘When Is This Pandemic Ending, It’s Enough Now’ – Refilwe ModiselleIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned media personality made this known in a recent post she made on her verified social media handle on Twitter. READ ALSO: ...[Read more]