A woman was fatally stabbed by her ex-boyfriend inside her Manhattan apartment on Wednesday night, police and sources said.
The 27-year-old victim was attacked in Harlem when the suspect broke in at about 8:45 p.m after he unsuccessfully attempted to enter through a fire escape hours earlier, according to police and sources.
Once inside, the man, 26, unleashed a savage attack on his ex-girlfriend, stabbing her multiple times throughout the body, police and sources said.
Amid the struggle, the victim was also able to stab her attacker, once in his neck and another time to his chest, according to police and sources.
The woman was taken to NYC Health + Hospitals Metropolitan, but could not be saved, police said.
EMS took the man to Harlem Hospital, where is in police custody in critical condition, authorities said.
Charges against him were pending late Wednesday night.
- Woman fatally stabbed in Queens apartment, husband arrested: cops
- Woman allegedly stabbed boyfriend to death in their Brooklyn apartment
- Harlem woman allegedly stabbed to death by ex had restraining order
- Woman shot; another stabbed in apparent domestic dispute in Harlem
- Queens woman fatally shot in front of her apartment
- Man stabbed at Harlem station in latest NYC subway attack
- Update: Ugandan woman stabbed her boyfriend to death because he was planning to marry another woman
- Nigerian Lady found dead in her apartment in Asaba… and her friends are claiming she was stabbed to death by her lesbian lover [Details]
- Nigerian Lady found dead in her apartment in Asaba… and her friends are claiming she was stabbed to death by her lesbian lover
- 35-year-old bicyclist fatally shot near his East Harlem home