A Twitter user has narrated how a lady turned down a N190k job offer in Lagos because she’s scared of the Third Mainland Bridge.
According to @lollypeezle who narrated the story, the lady applied with hope of getting a role in the Mainland office of the company but was disappointed as only the island office is functioning at the moment owing to COVID-19 pandemic.
Writing further, he noted that the lady turned down the job offer on grounds that she has phobia for the ”plenty water and the Third Mainland Bridge.”
He tweeted, “Just today, a lady turned down a lucrative job on the Island. She said she can’t take it because she’s scared of Third Mainland Bridge. I was dumbfounded, Just Third Mainland Bridge o.
190k job that people will die for with all the paparazzi attached. I wish I could switch position.
Apparently, the company is a reputable real estate company with offices on the mainland and island. She thought she would be given the role in the Mainland office but presently, due to covid-19, the company is only functioning at the island office….
Madam said she can’t take the job. She’s scared of plenty water and Third Mainland Bridge. A staff even offered to be bringing her from Alapere where she stays, she didn’t accept. She said she has heard a lot about the bridge… a lot bii ti bawo? She no need job. 3mb phobia”
- GHS1,500 stolen from another traveller at Kotoka AirportIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021A Ghanaian whose Facebook name is given as Kwahu Mayor Koopong has complained bitterly about what he describes as thievery at the Kotoka ...[Read more]
- I was detained in Ghana’s toughest prison – Bulldog opens up about incarcerationIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Artiste Manager Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanso has disclosed that he was detained in one of the toughest cells in Ghana following his ...[Read more]
- Actress Salma Mumin adjudged ‘liar of the year’ and More awardeesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Actress Salma Mumin was adjudged liar of the year at this year’s Something Wicked Awards organized by Accra-based Hitz FM. The actress we could ...[Read more]
- Resumption: NANS tells FG to approve COVID-19 support funds for Nigerian varsities, PolysIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 16, 2021As the federal government directs all schools in Nigeria to resume on January 18, the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), has called on ...[Read more]
- Shi’ite: IMN calls for Sheikh Zakzaky, wife’s unconditional release after four years of court’s judgementIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Best new novels of winter 2021: 9 must-reads for fiction loversIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021With the cold weather and worsening pandemic keeping us inside this winter, there’s no better escape than a good book. Here are nine I’m particularly ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Security operatives kill several bandits in Kaduna villageIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Buhari reacts to death of Abubaka, Sultan of Sokoto’s younger brotherIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021A former governorship aspirant in Lagos State, Babatunde Gbadamosi has narrated his experience with COVID-19. Gbadamosi tested positive for the virus ...[Read more]