A man kidnapped his ex-wife at knife-point and stuffed her inside a blue sports bag before dragging her to a forest for a “romantic date”.
Video footage below shows “jealous” Yaroslav Fokin, 35, a former special forces officer wheeling silver medalist runner Elena Rukhlyada, 34, out of her flat in Novosibirsk, south Russia.
Fokin carefully wheeled the bag to the carpark before driving off to a remote forest, where he released her and gave her a bouquet of flowers during the bizarre “romantic date”.
Police later found the athlete unharmed after she was reported missing and arrested Fokin. He was found guilty of kidnapping by the Zaeltsovsky District Court and is currently serving a four-and-a-half-year sentence in a maximum-security prison.
Elena, who won a silver medal in the 2011 Mountain Running World Championship, has now recounted her terrifying ordeal at the hands of her ex-husband.
Speaking to Russian paper Komsomolskaya Pravda, she said: “I was very scared at that moment because about a month before he had got mad and told me ‘I’ll kill you. Slowly.’
“That’s why I decided to not fight back.
Describing former special forces officer Fokin as “very jealous,” she said: “He always tried to limit me, in all terms.”
Elena said Fokin burst into her kitchen in July last year, tying her and a friend up, before she was stuffed into a sports bag.
“I was trying to chew the tape to release myself but understood that there was no way I could escape.
“I thought it was the end.”
“I did not interfere as he was evil and could use the knife. He brought me to a place in the forest and presented me with flowers like it was a romantic date.”
According to Elena, she is worried about what will happen when Fokin leaves prison.
“I will do everything possible to minimise contact with him. I want to appeal to the state to provide me with protection after he is freed.
“I don’t need any money or alimony from him. I want to think that he simply doesn’t exist. It’s scary when you can’t even freely walk outside your house without someone watching you.”
- Ogun: Eight suspected cultists arrested for reportedly killing rivalIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The police in Ogun State have arrested eight suspected cultists over the death of a man in Ifo area of the state. The police said they made some ...[Read more]
- HURIWA asks Nigerians to protest, boycott NIN/SIM registrationIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Human Rights Writers Association Nigeria, HURIWA, on Monday, urged Nigerians to massively boycott the National Identification Number, NIN, and ...[Read more]
- 60-year-old man accused of raping two minors escape mob attackIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the killing of a police officer attached to Borikiri Police Divisional headquarters in Port Harcourt ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Boko Haram: Troops battle terrorists in YobeIn Boko Haram, NewsJanuary 18, 2021The 12-man judicial panel of inquiry set up by Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has announced commencement of its sittings. DAILY POST recalls that ...[Read more]
- ‘Almost complete’ ancient shark fossil sheds new light on Earth’s pastIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Experts have discovered an “almost-complete” fossil of a 150-million-year-old shark in Germany, giving them a nearly ...[Read more]
- Nigerian govt releases N10bn for COVID-19 vaccineIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National leader of the All Progressives Party (APC), has commiserated with the family, friends, relations and associates of the ...[Read more]
- Eight-year-old boy shot in Bronx gated communityIn USAJanuary 18, 2021An 8-year-old boy was shot at a gated community in the Bronx Monday. It happened at 5 Fordham Hill Oval, a University Heights co-op community billed ...[Read more]
- Stay away from churches – CAN tells sick and old peopleIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has advised sick and too old people to stay away from worship centres following the second wave of ...[Read more]
- Actor Olatayo Amokade ‘Ijebu’ buys wife a carIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Actor Olatayo Amokade a.k.a Ijebu has gifted his wife a car. The actor who shared a photo of his wife posing with the car gift, asked her ...[Read more]
- Leicester City vs Chelsea: Lampard gives injury updates ahead of EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Leicester City vs Chelsea: Lampard gives injury updates ahead of EPL clash Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has confirmed Andreas Christensen is ...[Read more]