Russian President Vladimir Putin will address the nation about the coronavirus as a new record of daily confirmed infections was set and number of deaths surpassed 2,000.
Putin will speak about the deadly pandemic and measures to support the Russian economy, the Kremlin said in a statement.
According to the official coronavirus data website set up by the Russian government, 11,656 people tested positive in the last 24 hours, with the total now at 221,344.
Russian officials say the number of cases is down to rigorous testing, with 5.6 million tests completed to date and almost half of people with coronavirus showing no symptoms.
Meanwhile, Russia’s neighbours Ukraine and Georgia have began to relax restrictions while Kazakhstan lifted its state of emergency.
- Ogun: Eight suspected cultists arrested for reportedly killing rivalIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The police in Ogun State have arrested eight suspected cultists over the death of a man in Ifo area of the state. The police said they made some ...[Read more]
- HURIWA asks Nigerians to protest, boycott NIN/SIM registrationIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Human Rights Writers Association Nigeria, HURIWA, on Monday, urged Nigerians to massively boycott the National Identification Number, NIN, and ...[Read more]
- 60-year-old man accused of raping two minors escape mob attackIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the killing of a police officer attached to Borikiri Police Divisional headquarters in Port Harcourt ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Boko Haram: Troops battle terrorists in YobeIn Boko Haram, NewsJanuary 18, 2021The 12-man judicial panel of inquiry set up by Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has announced commencement of its sittings. DAILY POST recalls that ...[Read more]
- ‘Almost complete’ ancient shark fossil sheds new light on Earth’s pastIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Experts have discovered an “almost-complete” fossil of a 150-million-year-old shark in Germany, giving them a nearly ...[Read more]
- Nigerian govt releases N10bn for COVID-19 vaccineIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National leader of the All Progressives Party (APC), has commiserated with the family, friends, relations and associates of the ...[Read more]
- Eight-year-old boy shot in Bronx gated communityIn USAJanuary 18, 2021An 8-year-old boy was shot at a gated community in the Bronx Monday. It happened at 5 Fordham Hill Oval, a University Heights co-op community billed ...[Read more]
- Stay away from churches – CAN tells sick and old peopleIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has advised sick and too old people to stay away from worship centres following the second wave of ...[Read more]
- Actor Olatayo Amokade ‘Ijebu’ buys wife a carIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Actor Olatayo Amokade a.k.a Ijebu has gifted his wife a car. The actor who shared a photo of his wife posing with the car gift, asked her ...[Read more]
- Leicester City vs Chelsea: Lampard gives injury updates ahead of EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Leicester City vs Chelsea: Lampard gives injury updates ahead of EPL clash Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has confirmed Andreas Christensen is ...[Read more]