A Russian nurse who went viral for wearing only lingerie under a see-through protective gown in a male coronavirus ward has become a TV weather presenter.
Nadia Zhukova, 23, was pictured in a transparent PPE as she gave patients their medicine back in May. She was initially disciplined for ‘non-compliance with the requirements for medical clothing’ by hospital bosses who also threatened to fire her.
The nurse complained that she was ‘too hot’ in the hazmat gown and didn’t realise the PPE was so transparent.
Her punishment was later withdrawn after several Politicians defended her. At that time, politician Vitaly Milonov said: ‘No disciplinary methods should be imposed on the (nurse). There was no malicious intent…I’m sure she herself was embarrassed….
‘In no case should the girl be punished, I am sharply against this.’
Nadia has now been offered a role as weather presenter on her local TV station in Tula, south of Moscow, but will continue working as a nurse.
Speaking on her new TV role on Vesti Tula, she said: ‘It is a big thing for me. Thank you for letting me try.
‘My parents will watch, in the evening, after work.’
Earlier, she was also offered a role as a model for a Russian sportswear brand, Miss X lingerie but rejected the offer to focus on her medical career.
- Why Nigeria may implode – CHRICEDIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Resource Centre for Human Rights & Civic Education (CHRICED) on Monday decried the state of Nigeria. It warned that if the people do not ...[Read more]
- Ogun: Eight suspected cultists arrested for reportedly killing rivalIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The police in Ogun State have arrested eight suspected cultists over the death of a man in Ifo area of the state. The police said they made some ...[Read more]
- HURIWA asks Nigerians to protest, boycott NIN/SIM registrationIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Human Rights Writers Association Nigeria, HURIWA, on Monday, urged Nigerians to massively boycott the National Identification Number, NIN, and ...[Read more]
- 60-year-old man accused of raping two minors escape mob attackIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the killing of a police officer attached to Borikiri Police Divisional headquarters in Port Harcourt ...[Read more]
- BREAKING: Boko Haram: Troops battle terrorists in YobeIn Boko Haram, NewsJanuary 18, 2021The 12-man judicial panel of inquiry set up by Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has announced commencement of its sittings. DAILY POST recalls that ...[Read more]
- ‘Almost complete’ ancient shark fossil sheds new light on Earth’s pastIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Experts have discovered an “almost-complete” fossil of a 150-million-year-old shark in Germany, giving them a nearly ...[Read more]
- Nigerian govt releases N10bn for COVID-19 vaccineIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National leader of the All Progressives Party (APC), has commiserated with the family, friends, relations and associates of the ...[Read more]
- Eight-year-old boy shot in Bronx gated communityIn USAJanuary 18, 2021An 8-year-old boy was shot at a gated community in the Bronx Monday. It happened at 5 Fordham Hill Oval, a University Heights co-op community billed ...[Read more]
- Stay away from churches – CAN tells sick and old peopleIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has advised sick and too old people to stay away from worship centres following the second wave of ...[Read more]
- Actor Olatayo Amokade ‘Ijebu’ buys wife a carIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Actor Olatayo Amokade a.k.a Ijebu has gifted his wife a car. The actor who shared a photo of his wife posing with the car gift, asked her ...[Read more]