Human pregnancies normally last around 9 months, but one Indonesian woman has been making news headlines for claiming that she gave birth just one hour after experiencing pregnancy symptoms.
Heni Nuraeni, a 30-year-old woman from Mandalasari, a village in Indonesia’s Tasikmalaya Regency has become the main topic of conversation in Indonesia after it was revealed that she gave birth to a baby boy after allegedly experiencing pregnancy symptoms for about an hour.
Heni claims that on Saturday night, July 18th, her belly started growing and she started experiencing painful cramps which she immediately associated with childbirth, having previously given birth to two children. The problem was that not only had she been oblivious to the pregnancy, she also hadn’t made love to her husband in 19 months…
“I was at home, and nothing was out of the ordinary,” Heni recalled about the night of her childbirth. “Suddenly, I felt something moving on the right side of my abdomen and the cramps started. I asked a neighbor to take me to my father’s house and about an hour later we called a midwife and I gave birth.”
Despite gaining some weight in the months leading up to the childbirth, the 30-year-old woman claims that she experienced none of the symptoms she had when she gave birth to her other two children, including morning sickness, protruding belly or even the ceasing of her monthly menstruation.
Nuraeni insists that she had her period every month for the last nine months, which doctors attribute to a hormonal imbalance. But the most incredible part of this already incredible story is that Heni Nuraeni and her husband Erik hadn’t been intimate for 19 months since she gave birth to their daughter. They had apparently abstained from sex after the birth of their second child, for medical reasons, which was confirmed by Zalkap Drasman, the head of Puspahiang Sub-District.
It is this small detail – the lack of intercourse – that makes the doctors reluctant to provide the simplest explanation – a case of cryptic pregnancy, where the mother doesn’t know that she is pregnant. “This is what makes this incident strange but true, but we are grateful because with God’s will anything can happen,” said Zalkap.
Heni Nuraeni’s alleged one-hour-long pregnancy has been garnering a lot of interest over the last week, with reporters, medical experts and officials from all over Indonesia visiting the young mother to learn more stories about her seemingly miraculous childbirth. All the attention has apparently caused Heni a lot of stress, and her family have asked for some privacy.
- De Blasio, Sharpton and mayoral candidates attend MLK Day event in NYCIn USAJanuary 18, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio and a half-dozen New Yorkers seeking to replace him at City Hall will commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with speeches at ...[Read more]
- We are focused on security, economy, anti-corruption – BuhariIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Premier League records 16 COVID-19 casesIn COVID-19, Premier League, SportsJanuary 18, 2021The Premier League has announced that 16 positive coronavirus cases were recorded in the latest week of testing. It marks a significant reduction ...[Read more]
- 2023: Nnamdi Kanu accused of working against Igbo presidencyIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Militants attack shipyard in Akwa Ibom over failure to pay N20m settlementIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Paraplegic climbs up skyscraper in wheelchair in Hong KongIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021HONG KONG – Lai Chi-wai became the first in Hong Kong to climb more than 820 feet of a skyscraper while strapped into a wheelchair as he pulled ...[Read more]
- ‘I have lost respect for Zulum’ – Femi Kayode reacts to allegations of Christians, white men being Boko Haram membersIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Dutch police use water cannon on anti-government protestersIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021OTTERLO, Netherlands — Police in Amsterdam turned a water cannon on hundreds of demonstrators who were taking part in a banned protest Sunday against ...[Read more]
- “Why I can never be a Wizkid, Davido or Burna Boy” – Omah Lay (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 18, 2021With a reason given, fast-rising Nigerian singer, Omah Lay has categorically stated that he can never be a Wizkid, Davido or Burna Boy. He made this ...[Read more]
- Protest rocks Kafachan over electricity tariff hike, epileptic power supplyIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Kaduna State Government has confirmed that air platforms that cover locations of interest have neutralized bandits in Sabon Madada area of the ...[Read more]