The British High Commission has cleared air on the insinuations that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu was arrested in the United Kingdom.
Dean Hurlock, a spokesperson of the British High Commission, on Tuesday said the Kanu was neither arrested nor extradited from the UK.
“We can confirm that Nnamdi Kanu was not arrested in the UK for extradition purposes,” TheCable quoted him.
Recall that the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami had disclosed on Tuesday that Kanu was arrested on Sunday.
According to him, Kanu was arrested through the collaborative efforts of Nigerian intelligence and security services.
Kanu who is a dual citizen of both Nigeria and Britain was rumoured to have been arrested in the UK where he was believed to have been staying since his escape from the country in 2017.
There are claims that he was arrested in one of the African countries.
- Nnamdi Kanu Writes British Commission In Nigeria, Demands Full Protection, Unconditional Release As British Citizen
- Nnamdi Kanu Petitions British Commission In Nigeria, Demands Full Protection, Release As British Citizen
- Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya – Nnamdi Kanu’s Sibling Reveals
- Jubilations Everywhere: Hope For Biafra as British Authority set to Meet Nigeria government Over Nnamdi Kanu’s re-arrests
- Nnamdi Kanu does not speak for the Igbo Nation, Joe Igbokwe blast Nnamdi Kanu
- Britain Hasn’t Done Enough To Free Nnamdi Kanu—Family Lambasts British Government
- Igbo–British Lawyers Give Nigerian Government Ultimatum To Return Nnamdi Kanu To UK, Berate Kenya’s Involvement In Arrest
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: British lawyers drags Kenya to ICC, give Buhari govt 48 hours ultimatum
- Igbo-British Lawyers Blast Kenyan Govt Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest; Give FG 48 Hours To Return Him To UK
- British Govt Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest