A Montana restaurant owner allegedly raped an employee inside a women’s restroom and sexually assaulted another worker, according to a report.
Chien “Howard” Hwa Shen, 48, was charged Tuesday in Yellowstone District Court with one felony count of sexual intercourse without consent and a misdemeanor count of sexual assault, the Billings Gazette reports.
Shen, who has ownership interests in at least three Billings restaurants, subjected the woman who reported the rape to near-daily sexual harassment at one of the locations, the newspaper reports.
Shen regularly asked the woman to expose herself or “ask her nearly every day about seeing or touching her,” charging documents state.
The woman said Shen followed her into a women’s restroom at one of his restaurants and handed her $100. She declined the offer and refused Shen when he tried to kiss her before returning to work, according to the report.
Months later, Shen and the woman were alone at the restaurant since she was the last employee there and he again insisted she expose herself to him. She then went into a women’s restroom to avoid him, authorities allege.
Shen followed the woman inside and then pulled down her underwear before penetrating her with his finger, according to the charges. As the woman started to cry, Shen thanked her and tried to give her $200, she told police.
She later left the restaurant — which was not identified — and never returned, the newspaper reports.
A second female employee, meanwhile, told police she had sought a raise from Shen, which he denied while promising her a bonus, authorities allege.
Shen proceeded to send all of his employees home that evening except for the second victim, whom he called into his office and gave her $300 from his wallet, she told police.
Once inside his office, Shen hugged the woman while squeezing her breast in a “forceful” way, she told police, adding that he “would have done more to her” if she didn’t fight him off.
The woman later quit her job via text message. Both women also filed a lawsuit Wednesday naming Shen and his restaurants, including Carne Brazilian Grill, Asian Sea Grill and Wild Ginger, as defendants, the newspaper reports.
New York Post
- Video of Nigerians in Scotland calling President Buhari a bad boy surfaces online, Watch video hereOctober 25, 2020Nigerians who are outside the country is not giving up at all as they keep on protesting until the government will listen to them and reach out to ...[Read more]
- Femi Kuti encourages BBNaija for her act of kindness towards the needyOctober 25, 2020The wife of popular Nigerian musician Femi Kuti has out of her heart showered Big Brother Nigeria star, Erica, with divine blessings for her act of ...[Read more]
- Davido advises protesters from burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shopsOctober 25, 2020CEO of DMW Davido has taken to social media to condemn protesters burning down police stations, burning buses and looting shops. According to Davido, ...[Read more]
- See what Nengi told her fansOctober 25, 2020Former BBNaija housemate Nengi has admonished her fans to desist from insulting people on her behalf. Nengi According to her, they should rather show ...[Read more]
- See what is going on between BBNaija Prince and EricaOctober 25, 2020Former Big Brother Naija Housemates, Prince and Erica have got fans talking after a photo of the two from a video call hit the internet. ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: Nigerians In Paris Stage Their Protest In Solidarity With Those At Home (+Photos)October 25, 2020The protest to see a conclusion to police brutalities looks positive and unabated in spite of the administration intrigues. So as to end it at home, ...[Read more]
- See Gorgeous Photos From Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Tolanibaj’s BirthdayOctober 25, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Tolanibaj turned 27 5 days prior and denoted her birthday at a private gathering. Tragically, she was unable to ...[Read more]
- Fearless Ibrah Says Kennedy Agyapong Will Go Mad Or Commit Suicide Before 10th JanuaryOctober 25, 2020Ghanaian mogul Ibrahim Dauda prevalently known as Ibrah One is attempting to place himself into inconvenience again as he has begun another battle he ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Says He Is Done With Makeup (+Photo)October 25, 2020Well known Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has guaranteed his fans to avoid cosmetics and serve them with his natural beauty. As per Bobrisky, he will ...[Read more]
- Man Calls Out Comedian Ebiye For Selling A Benz He Purchased From HimOctober 25, 2020A man @MrPsalms on Twitter, has accused Comedian Ebiye of selling the Benz he purchased from him using a loan and losing the cash to forex exchanging ...[Read more]